Microsoft Office 365 accounts are available to secondary school students and all staff at the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board. Office 365 brings many advantages to students and staff. As a web-based application, Office 365 only requires an internet connection and web browser, meaning staff and students can access their email and files at any time, from anywhere, on any device.
Office 365 is a cloud-based service that allows students and staff the ability to connect, communicate and collaborate from school, the office, home or a mobile device. All you have to do is login with your KPRDSB network username and password credentials.
In addition to email (Outlook), calendar and contacts (People), the Office 365 online collaboration suite also provides access to web applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote) and document storage (OneDrive for Business).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What's my email address?
- Student email addresses are: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff email addresses are: email@example.com
How much space do I have?
- Outlook email space is 50 GB
- OneDrive for Business space is 1 TB of storage
How do I login to Office 365?
- Students and staff may access Office 365 from both home and school
- Students and staff will login with their network username and password from both home and school.
Please note: Students and staff will not be able to login with their e-mail addresses
How do I save my work?
- When working on locally installed applications at school, students and staff may save documents to their OneDrive for Business
Download Microsoft Office at Home
With the deployment of Office 365 and KPRDSB's upgraded licensing, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is now available for download at home for free! Microsoft Office may be installed on up to five PCs or MACs. This Microsoft offering is intended for use on PERSONAL devices; KPRDSB devices already have Office 2013 installed.
Who can use it?
Students and staff at KPR are able to download a version of Microsoft Office applications directly from their Office 365 main screen.
How much does it cost?
How to get it?
- Log into Office 365
- Click the Office 365 link located in the top left corner
- Click on Install Now button
Please Note: This is a Microsoft offering available to KPRDSB staff and students for home computer use. All questions and support requests are to be directed to Microsoft. ICT does not support personal home computer systems or personal home computer software.